[Mapbender-users] Problem with mod_usemap in 2.7

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Mar 28 04:09:24 EDT 2011

Kai Behncke schrieb:
> Dear users,
>
> I tried to use mod_usemap in Mapbender 2.7
> (http://www.mapbender.org/Modules#UseMap).
>
> Where in Mapbender 2.6.2 it works great, it does not in 2.7.
>
> I get: "document.getElementById("um_img") is null"
>
> The error occures because of http:/javascripts/mod_usemap.php
>
> in line 40 (var myImg = document.getElementById("um_img").style;)
>

> In Mapbender 2.6.2 "um_img" was declared in
> .../http/php/mod_map1.php
>
> In 2.7 that file does not exist any more.
> Has anybody an idea for a workaround?
>
> Thank you very much, Kai

Hello Kai,

thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately Mapbender 2.7 is not very stable and there are some bugs
we have to fix [1]. We want to publish Mapbender 2.7.1 with bug fixes soon.

I created a ticket [2] for the bug that you report. In Mapbender 2.7 the
div um_img and um_draw are not there by default (created by
mod_map1.php). The divs are created in the code of the element
dynamically - you can have a look at javascripts/mod_highlightPOI.php.
This change has not been done for the module mod_usemap.php yet.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/milestone/2.7.1%20release
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/807

--
Best regards