[Mapbender-users] PHP max_input_vars can effect Mapbender administration and block requests

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Thu Feb 16 06:02:59 EST 2012

Hello,

some of you may have problems saving changes within the Mapbender
administration for example when you have a WMS with many layers. I wrote
a mail before about Suhosin blocking requests when the Suhosin-variables
are set too restrictive  [1].

The problem can also occur, when the PHP variable max_input_vars [2] is
not set.

You may get a log message like this:

"PHP Warning:  Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the
limit change max_input_vars in php.ini."

The default of this variable is 1000. If you have WMS with many layer
you may have to increase this variable.

I added this information to the Mapbender wiki [3][4].

[1]
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapbender_users/2011-December/004046.html
[2] http://php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php
[3] http://mapbender.org/PHP_Configuration#PHP_Configuration