[Mapbender-users] Extract coordinates from a mapbender map

Christian Wygoda christian.wygoda at wheregroup.com
Wed Dec 18 00:24:33 PST 2013

Hi,

you will need to gain access to the iframe's window object and from
there use that window's jQuery object to gain access to the map like so:

// Code untested, so here be dragons:

var iframe = $('iframe').get(0);
var iwindow = iframe.contentWindow || iframe;
var mapDiv = iwindow.$('.mb-element-map')
var olMap = mapDiv.data('mapbenderMbMap').map.olMap;

Then, add a click listener to mapDiv and use the olMap to convert the
viewport click position to world coordinates. See the OpenLayer Map API
docs for that.

If the iframe and main document target different origins, you will
probably have trouble accessing them from each other in JavaScript
though.

Cheers,
  Christian

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 13:35 +0200, Geoset Ltd wrote:
> I'm using mapbender3
>

> 2013/12/17 Armin Retterath <armin.retterath at gmail.com>
>         sorry - do you use mapbender3 or mapbender2?
>

>         2013/12/17 Geoset Ltd <gsetit at gmail.com>
>                 Hello. I have a web application and in it, an iframe
>                 with a Mapbender map. Is there a way to get the
>                 coordinates of a point when I click on it on the map?
>                 I want to use these coordinates in my web app.
>
>                 Thanks.

Where2B Konferenz 2013
12. Dezember 2013 in Bonn
www.where2b-conference.com