[Mapbender-users] How to change a .tif mapbase when the zoom changes

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at lvermgeo.rlp.de
Wed Jul 17 00:44:30 PDT 2013

hello charles,

mapbender is a ows client. therefor it has not a basemap concept as
openlayers has. if you wan't a possibility to switch between different
backgrund layers this module will help you:
http://www.mapbender.org/SetBackground
see the example:
http://wesseling.wheregroup.com/mapbender/frames/index.php?&gui_id=wesseling_internet
in the right upper corner there is the selectbox.
the thing with the visibility is normally defined by the scale hints of
the wms - in your example geoserver.
in the capabilities document the visibility for the client is defined as
"scale hint". mapbender interprets this scale hints and you can reduce
them in admin1 EDIT GUI-WMS module. if your geoserver has a minscale of
1:10.000 and a maxscale of 1:100.000 you can alter them e.g. to 1:20.000
- 1:80.000.

if you have further questions - don't hesitate to ask

armin