[Mapbender-users] Proposed License Simplification

Christian Wygoda christian.wygoda at wheregroup.com
Tue Jul 15 00:44:21 PDT 2014

Hi Thomas,

the short story is that larger companies are sometimes a "little" uneasy
with using GPLed software, while MIT works with them.

The first great story is that we as WhereGroup are having such customers
and the second is that the MIT license is GPL compatible.

Both licenses are not forcing anyone to publish their changes like the
AGPL for example would, but the MIT license makes working in an
corporate environment definately easier. For us as Mapbender devs, for
WhereGroup bringing Open Source into these environments and for the
corporate customers gaining powerful Open Source software they are at
ease with.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
   Christian

info at wheregroup.com