[Mapbender-users] Question to Mapbender 2.7 branch

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:35:54 PDT 2014

hi camo,

in germany there are many mapbender 2.x installations. it is a swiss army
knife for working with the ogc webservices wms and wfs. it is often used as
a webgis in institutions with a couple (10-150) users and different groups.
on the other hand, it is used as a complete sdi component as it as many
proxy functions and an own search interface. in germany their are 2 and
maybe in some month 3 complete federal countries, which use mapbender2 as a
central geoportal, cause it is fully compliant with the eu-inspire
directive. this countries will work on mapbender2 development maybe for
some further years. to give mapbender3 all functions that mapbender2
already has, much work has to be done :-( .
maybe you can have a view at following geoportals that work with
mapbender_trunk:

http://www.geoportal.rlp.de
http://www.geoportal.saarland.de
http://www.gis-gr.eu
http://weinlagen.lwk-rlp.de

here is the documentation of the restful search interface which is used for
the sdi's
http://www.mapbender.org/SearchInterface

here are the coming new functions for the next version:
http://www.mapbender.org/Changelog_2.8

if you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask ;-)

regards from germany

armin