[Mapbender-users] Mapbender3 Version 3.0.4.0 released

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Fri Sep 12 05:48:57 PDT 2014

Dear Mapbender Users, dear Devs,
================================

today we released Mapbender3 version 3.0.4.0. Thanks to all people
involved!

Please have a look at the Mapbender3 Changelog [3], to find out, what is
new in version 3.0.4.0.

You also find information in the Roadmap at Milestone 3.0.4.0 [1] and at
Milestone 3.0.4.0 in the issue tracker at github [2].

License change to MIT
-------------------------------
An important news in Mapbender3 3.0.4.0 is that we changed from GNU GPL
and Simplified BSD to MIT license. With the MIT license everybody is
allowed to use and enhance the software, even with the freedom to not
have to open-source their enhancements. Still we want to encourage
everyone to participate fully open in the development process and share
the code.

New features in Mapbender3
Here are some new features listed which may be interesting to you.
* Switched to MIT license
* Upgrade to Symfony 2.3
* Upgrade to OpenLayers 2.13 with additional patches
* added generic HTML element
* added custom CSS editor for applications
* added accordion container for SidePane
* added screenshot management to application editing
* import/export of applications/sources

Getting the code
--------------------------
The official tarball is located over at [4], while source code is hosted
at Github [5]. For issues, please use the Github issue queue [5].

Documentation
---------------------
The documentation is hosted at [7].

Read the Mapbender3 Quickstart (english and german version) to learn the
first steps with Mapbender3 [18].

Mapbender3 demo & sandbox
A demo installation is available at [8]. We also provide a Mapbender3
sandbox with register functionality [9] .

Installation
You find a detailed information about how to install Mapbender3 at [14].

IMPORTANT UPDATE NOTE: Update an existing Mapbender3 Installation

If you want to Update Mapbender3 to version 3.0.4.0 you have to update
your database! [13].

For PostgreSQL users:

If you run Mapbender3 on PostgreSQl please run the following SQL:

ALTER TABLE fom_profile_basic DROP CONSTRAINT fom_profile_basic_pkey;

before you update your database with:

app/console doctrine:schema:update --force

In this version there are no changes in config.yml and only the version
and new spanish translated changed in parameters.yml-dist

To Update your templates you have to merge your template to support the
new accordion in sidepane.

Have a look at the Workshop Demo Bundle:

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-workshop/tree/master/src/Workshop/DemoBundle/Template

New CSS-Editor
--------------------
With the Mapbender3 version 3.0.4.0 we offer a css-editor in the
Mapbender3 Administration for applications . With the css-editor you can
easily define the css-changes (colors, sizes,...) you want to have for
your application. Like this you do not need write access on the server
and you do not necessarily have to build templates for your applications.

News on twitter
For more news - follow Mapbender at Twitter [11].

If you are going to Intergeo 2014 in Berlin october 7-9 you can hear
about the news in Mapbender3 at the OpenSource presentation area or come
around at the OpenSource Park [12].

Best regards,
    Astrid Emde

[1] http://mapbender3.org/Roadmap
[2] Roadmap / Milestone 3.0.4.0 http://www.mapbender3.org/en/roadmap

[3] https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md
[4] http://mapbender3.org/builds/
[5] https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter
[6] Feature and Bugtracker https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues
[7] http://doc.mapbender3.org/

[8] Mapbender3 demo http://demo.mapbender3.org/
[9] Mapbender3 sandbox http://sandbox.mapbender3.org/

[13] Update Mapbender3 installation
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation.html#update-mapbender3-to-a-newer-version

[10] How to create your own template? Updated for version 3.0.4.0.
Read more at: http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/templates.html

[11] http://www.twitter.com/mapbender

[12] Mapbender3 at Intergeo 2014 OpenSource-Park program (german
language):
http://www.intergeo.de/intergeo/besucher/messe/opensource-park.php
Signed and/or encrypted mail is highly appreciated

[13] How to change the style of your application with the css-editor?
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/css.html

[14] Mapbender3 Installation
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation.html

[15] Core Bundle Element documentation