[Mapbender-users] Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:30:46 PST 2016

hi lukas,

the wfs-t digitize module can handle only flat (simple) featuretypes. if
you have a complex model, it is possible to flatten it by using database
rules and views. this is quiet easy. we use the module to digitize many
different featuretypes in distributed wfs-t. the client itself can be
defined very comfortable (dropdown menus, datepickers, mandatory fields,
...).

the documentation for the configuration in german language is quiet better
than in english ;-) :

https://www.mapbender2.org/WFS_Konfiguration

(we use geoserver and tinyows as wfs-t server)

the digitize module parses the describefeaturetype response from the wfs
and therefor knows the datatypes of the attributes of the featuretype. the
special options to fill the attributes (e.g. datepicker) are configurable
at the wfs-configuration in form of simple templates.

we plan to integrate the option to reference skos based classification
schemes as codelists for special attributes in near future. at the time you
have to define existing codelists as html select option elements by hand.

if you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask - i think i can help
you :-)

best regards from germany

armin