[Mapbender-users] Adjust your PHP parameters, if you use WMS services with many layers

Axel Schaefer axel.schaefer at wheregroup.com
Wed Jul 20 04:59:42 PDT 2016

Hi.

We had the issue https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/414 and
recognized a direct connection between the error that you cannot save a
WMS instance and the number of options that you can set there.

At a specific layer you couldn't check a checkbox and the form was
invalid (a token was not part of the form therefore it was invalid).
However the number of checked checkboxes was the hint: If they are some
handful higher, the form wasn't saved.

The PHP-parameter for that is the "max_input_vars". If you experience
that problem, put it to a higher value. In my php.ini it was commented
out and I set it to 2000. Depends a bit on the number of layers my WMS
has. ;-)

HTH and HAND
Axel

--
Axel Schaefer
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 23 (neue Durchwahl!)
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

axel.schaefer at wheregroup.com
www.meldemax.com