[Mapbender-users] Mapbender 2.7.4: Using password secured wfs services

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at lvermgeo.rlp.de
Wed Mar 2 04:29:20 PST 2016

hi lukas,
using secured (authenticated) wfs is only available in the trunk version
of mapbender2 as we use it in our federal geoportals (it will be part of
version 2.8).
to restrict public access to your wfs (geoserver), you have to restrict
access to localhost and register the geoserver wfs as a localhost url.
this should be sufficient.
you have to look in the geoserver documentation.
as an alternative, you can user the apache proxy module to proxy your
geoserver. this is quiet easy.
if you want, i send you a example configuration ;-)
armin