[Mapbender-users] Difference in app.php and app_dev.php?

Teresa Graßl teresagrassl91 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 05:48:43 PDT 2017

Hello,

I´m confused about two parts of MapBender. I created a new application
under *http://localhost/mapbender3/manager/applications
<http://localhost/mapbender3/manager/applications>.* When I add the element
digitizer (please see added e-mail) in my content-part of layouts and
connect my database, following error occurs by starting the application:

*​Feature API query error."<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html>\n <head>\n <meta
charset=\"UTF-8\" />\n <title>An Error Occurred: Internal Server
<h2>The server returned a \"500 Internal Server Error\".</h2>\n\n <div>\n
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error
occurred.\n We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience

I read in a forum comment, that one solution is to start the application in
the developement mode under
*http://localhost/mapbender3/app_dev.php/manager/applications
<http://localhost/mapbender3/app_dev.php/manager/applications>*. By doing
this, the element digitizer works fine and no errors occur by starting the
application. But now: by editing any element "button" (layouts -> toolbar)
an error occurs:* internal server error*. Other elements in the toolbar as
well as in the content and footer can by edited without problems. Only the
element "button" does not work. The tricky thing is, that working
under *http://localhost/mapbender3/manager/applications
<http://localhost/mapbender3/manager/applications>* all elements "button"
are working fine and are easily editable.

For the use of my application, I don´t want to open it in the developement
mode! Do you know, why the both modes are acting so differnt? Do I have to
do special or additional configurations? Which mode is best for using it
and modifying an application?

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards
Teresa