[Mapbender-users] Templates for filing Bug and Feature requests on Github

Axel Schaefer axel.schaefer at wheregroup.com
Mon Aug 6 03:36:11 PDT 2018

Dear Mapbender-Users.

Github allows to provide templates for creating bug reports or feature
requests. We have created these templates so that they may help us to
get the required information from a bug-report and to help you to check
if the report is complete.

Both templates follow the suggestions from Github tightly, so that they
are no big deal. Creating an issue should not take considerably longer
than before.

Issues are created at the Mapbender repository:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/

To file an issue you are now referred to a page where you can choose
between "Bug report" and "Feature request".

-------------

The BUG REPORT contains the following:

| **Describe the bug**

Yeah. Write down what bothers you. What happens?

| **To Reproduce**

How can we reproduce the error? Where do we have to click. Do I need a
special WMS?

| **Expected behavior**

What do you thing what should happen? In addition to the description
above what actually happens.

| **Versions**

If it helps, give us some versions: Especially which Mapbender
version. If you are on 3.0.5.3 it's different to 3.0.7.3. If
appropriate: Also PHP or database version.

| **Screenshots / Logmessage**

An image tells more than a thousand... If appropriate.

| **Additional context**

Anything we need to know?

-------------

A FEATURE REQUEST contains the following chapters:

| **Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.**

Tell us your story. What do you want to achieve?

| **Describe the solution you'd like**

How do you think this could work.

| **Describe alternatives you've considered**

More than one way leads to the city of Rome.

| **Additional context**

Anything else that doesn't fit to the things above?

So we have to see how that works and how we can use that cool Github
feature.

Best regards
Axel