[Mapbender-users] set language for one Application ?

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Fri Feb 23 01:27:57 PST 2018

Hi All,

I just successfully installed MapBender v. 3.0.6.3 on a Ubuntu 14.0 machine
and copied an existing Application to start a new customized one.

I am wondering how I can change the GUI for that application to be switched
to German (e.g. texts for buttons etc.) ?
Is that possibly set in a application based additional .yml file under the
/var/www/mapbender3/app/config/applications directory ?

I have changed the universal Admin setting in
/var/www/mapbender3/app/config/parameters.yml to German:
    fallback_locale:   en
    locale:            de

and the admin interface is now in German. At the moment all applications
button texts etc are still in English despite the universal setting above. I
also did clear the cache after changing the setting in in
/var/www/mapbender3/app/cache/prod
So far I was not able to find in the documentation anywhere how to set what
is used for each individual application. It would be great to be able to
have application in different languages side by side. Any ideas how this can
be accomplished ?

Cheers
Karsten

Karsten Vennemann