[Mapbender-users] mapbender - increase automatic logout time

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Mon Dec 16 11:54:14 PST 2019

Hi Charlotte and All,

we have set

cookie_lifetime = 0

in parameters.yaml (app/config/parameters.yml in mapbender-folder)

but users are still logged out (MB 3.0.8.4) after about one hour.

This is on a windows server running apache (and I have to admit I am not
very well versed with windows servers).
Could there be other settings we will need to change ?

We have set also the folling in php.ini while trying to fix the problem:

session.cookie_lifetime = 0
session.gc_maxlifetime = 36000
session.cache_expire = 600
session.cache_limiter = private

Any hints how to solve this?

Cheers
Karsten

________________________________
Charlotte Toma (WhereGroup) charlotte.toma at wheregroup.com
Wed Jul 24 06:19:43 PDT 2019

Hello Karsten,
you can use the parameter "cookie_lifetime" in the parameters.yaml
(app/config/parameters.yml in mapbender-folder).

The default-value is 3600 and means, that the user is logged out after60
minutes. If you want to disable the logout so the user can staylogged in as
long as the browser remains open you can set this parameterto 0. =

*cookie_lifetime = 0*

Documentation of
symfony-parameter:https://symfony-documentations.readthedocs.io/en/2.6/compo
nents/http_foundation/session_configuration.html#session-cookie-lifetime

Greetings
Charlotte Toma
WhereGroup