[Mapbender-users] Coordinates utility

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Jan 7 03:45:05 PST 2020

Hello Zsolt,

thanks for sharing your observations.

I had a look at my application and everythin works fine. Unfortunately I
can not reproduce your error.

Coordinates Utility should initialize independent from SRS SELECTOR and
SCALE SELECTOR.

Coordinates Utility gets the SRS information from the map-element. So
the map-element should be loaded before Coordinates Utility.

It looks like you can get your second application running properly with
SRS SELECTOR. Hope that is ok for the moment.

Astrid

Am 2019-12-10 08:39, schrieb Gal Zsolt:
> Hello list!
>
> I have two application where I need to use Coordinates Utility, find
> place on map from coordinates. The first was  made before I upgrade
> Mapbender to 3.0.8 and works OK.
>
> In the second application I try to use Coordinates Utility, but I get
> error message:
>
> YOUR ELEMENT ID 671 (WIDGET MAPBENDER.MBCOORDINATESUTILITY) FAILED TO
> INITIALIZE PROPERLY.
>
> After unsuccessful attempts to eliminate the error message  I add SRS
> SELECTOR to the application and the error disappear! The Coordinates
> Utility works fine. If I remove the SRS SELECTOR the error message
> reappear.
>
> In the first application I don't use SRS SELECTOR! But I use SCALE
> SELECTOR.
>
> I remove the SRS SELECTOR and add a SCALE SELECTOR in the second
> application and Coordinates Utility works fine.
>
> I reread Coordinate utility documentation but I don't find any
> reference about require to use SRS Selector or Scale selector with
> Coordinate utility.
>
> Have a nice day to everybody!

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant