[Mapbender-users] Mapbender App Publishing (disable localhost)

Walter White Jr. whitejrdot at gmail.com
Sun May 31 15:15:52 PDT 2020

Hello community,

this is surely an elementary question but I am new in the Mapbender world.
Using OsGeoLive 13 on the Oracle VM Virtual Box, I have created a WMS
(1.3.0) in Geoserver (2.15.1). In Mapbender (3.0.8.1), I have created a new
application and did all of the necessary configuration, defined the
layersets and the layouts. The problem is I see the app just as localhost
(also in Geoserver) so I cannot call the app from another computer. My aim
is to publish the app for the broad public and not just as localhost. Can
you please tell me how to do that or which settings are necessary? I don´t
know if this has something to do with the Virtuall Machine itself or if I
need to do something in Geoserver/Mapbender. Or is this in OsGeoLive in
general not possible and do I need to install Geoserver and Mapbender
manually? I am not sure if the OsGeoLive cointains automatically after
installation the Apache or no (maybe this could be the issue). I know how
to create the WMS layer incl. styles etc. or configure the app in Mapbender
but I don´t know to publish is as an open web-service for everyone...

Many thanks for your help.
Walter Jr.