[mapguide-announce] MapGuide Open Source 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Mon Jun 18 10:29:26 EDT 2007

(Sent to MapGuide Announce and MapGuide Users)

This is to announce that the MapGuide Open Source project team has made MapGuide Open Source 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2 available.

The following notable ticket fixes were done between RC1 and RC2:
#125 - AJAX Viewer: Selecting result of custom search zooms to wrong location - update
#142 - Part 2 - Fix validation code that wasn't using localized decimal and thousand separators
#184 - Update schema report pages to handle restricted character escaping used by FDO in DescribeSchemaAsXml
#195: GetFeature GET request returns no features if MAXFEATURES is not set
#196 - Some polyline labels are inverted
#198 - 1.2.0 RC1 Custom Search causes error in task pane
#200 - MapAgent Test Page Failures on .net
#201 Repository Admin scripts fail when using PHP4
#202 - Daily log archiving failing to archive on a daily basis
#204 Buffer on RDBMS polygon layers fail with coordinate system conversion error
#206 - WMS: getfeatureinfo error on 1.2.0 RC1
#207 - mapadmin/constants.php file name is different in Win and Linux

Release notes: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/1.2/Notes
Documentation: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/1.2/documentation.html
Downloads: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html

Summary of the new features as well as updated components in this release (also listed at http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/roadmap):

Cartographic Enhancements - Phase I
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc14
    * Ability to define simple and composite symbols as XML resources
    * Ability to use new symbols for Points and Labeling Linear Features (e.g. Highway Shields)

Pragmatic Load Balancing
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc3

Feature Join Enhancements
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc5

Support coordinate system overrides on feature sources
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc6

Support for Unmanaged Data Sources
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc2
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc12

Web interface for previewing a feature source
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc8

Extrusion support for KML
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc16

Line widths specified in map space
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc17

Tile handling enhancements
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc11
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc13

API enhancements
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc9
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc15

Significant performance enhancements in
    * Rendering
    * Tile Serving
    * Joins
Component Updates
    * FDO 3.2.2
    * GDAL 1.4.0
    * PROJ.4 4.5.0
    * PHP 5.2.1

Please enter any defects you might find using the instructions found at http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/SubmitTicket.

Special thanks to some of our new code contributors for this release:
Jose Manuel Cerrejon Gonzalez - for the loading status indicator, mouse wheel support and scale status bar work.

Atanas Rusev - submitting fixes for compilation issues on FC 6.

Chris Goutanis - submitting fixes for compilation issues on Gentoo.

Rex Szeto - for submitting the code for
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc8

Helio Chissini de Castro - for creating Mandriva binaries.

There are probably others that I have missed. If you know of anyone I have missed or if I have missed you, please send me an email and I'll make sure to update the next notice.