[mapguide-dev] Motion to accept the Release Process document

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Dec 15 08:12:53 EST 2006

+1 on the process as it stands.

There is something missing - some sort of interim release.  There are
a couple of ways that this could work:

* ignore it, if you want an interim release, build it yourself from
svn (status quo)

* automate nightly builds (this could be incorporated into the new
hosting environment at some point in the next few months)

* add ALPHA releases that don't need to be feature complete (a build
of svn when some feature is added and we want some people to test it
who can't build it for themselves).

I don't think that any of this is part of the actual release process,
unless we choose the ALPHA route, in which case it may be appropriate
to document it.  Alternately, this could be part of a separate
process or just not documented anywhere.

Cheers

Paul