[mapguide-dev] Unmanaged Data APIs RFC

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Nov 3 03:27:06 EST 2006

That would be cool.  That way we can have a theme, and a nested hierarchy within that theme if we need the complexity.  Are we restricted to single-word mappings, or will spaces be supported?  ASCII characters only or full internationalisation?

What about schema changes?  Will there be a way of updating the repository's knowledge of unmanaged data schemae?  Or are these maybe cached on a session basis like the RDBMS schemae?

There would also need to be a method that allows the author UIs to validate resources that reference unmanaged data sources, to make sure that any dependancies (properties, maptips, themes, etc) are still valid, and give a graphical indication when the world slips.

Jason