[mapguide-dev] Planning to release MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 next week on November 30th, 2006

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 30 23:06:54 EST 2006

Tom Fukushima wrote:
> It's a release.  Was there a reason that you wanted to make a release
> candidate?

Tom,

I guess I just thought it would be a standard procedure for a complex
project like mapguide to have a few betas before finalizing a release.
We are quite religious about it for MapServer for the last few years.
And in a less rigerous form, I do it for GDAL/OGR.  Most of the other
substantial projects I work on also do it.

Perhaps it is something that could be contemplated for future releases.

This will be the first release with the GDAL based raster provider, right?
I'm really not aware of very much testing of that with MapGuide so far.

Best regards,