[mapguide-internals] Please test MGOS 1.2.0 with updated FDOlibraries

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 04:26:50 EDT 2007

Hi Jason,
                I think it will be great if you can give some idea or  detail documentation for using raster images including tiling ,indexing as well as configuring server for better raster performance inorder to understand and analyse all the functions.

  Thks
  Max !!

Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
  Hi Tom,

I've tested the GDAL provider with what data I could throw together at home (35 9Mb ECW, 64 10Mb MrSID) in conjunction with tile index config files, and this release appears to work for me.

I won't have time to do more thorough testing at work as I'm in Victoria for a couple days. I'll be installing this version of MapGuide on the FOSS4G workshop/lab PCs, probably tomorrow.

It would be great if you could point users to the GDAL provider Trac page for more information on MrSID plugins and the new tile index functionality in the release notes. The URL is: http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes

Jason

________________________________

From: Tom Fukushima
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] Please test MGOS 1.2.0 with updated FDOlibraries

Once again, I have posted the Windows installer for MGOS 1.2.0 server
with the FDO
libraries that contain the GDAL changes. The GDAL changes were the only
changes; that is, we did not rebuild the MGOS server, we only updated
the installed to use the new FDO DLLs.

This is intended to become our MGOS 1.2.0 release. Please test it out
and send me your findings by EOD Thursday (I hope to post MGOS 1.2.0
final
release on Friday). I have smoke tested it on Windows 2003 R2 SP2
with PHP, Sheboygan sample data, JPG, ECW and MrSID.