[mapguide-internals] RFC30 is posted

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Aug 31 01:30:49 EDT 2007

Thank you for the clarification;  I guess I wasn't entirely clear.

As it stands, the RFC is a good high-level document providing an overview of the enhancements, and the classes that will be created.  What I would really like to see is a list of the proposed methods along with their signatures.  I can see a few in the example (AddSpatialContext, AddOverrideInfo, ToXML) but would like to see all of them to know which overrides will / will not be possible, etc.

I'm not clear on whether the overrides you're supporting for raster include bounds (min_x,min_y, max_x, max_y).  This is critical for performance of the raster provider, so if you don't support this, I'll still have to hack the resultant XML to add bounds definitions.

I'd really like to see an example in the RFC of how to create a basic WMS config file with multiple layers.  For instance: http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/WMS/Src/UnitTest/MultiLayers_Config.xml

It appears that there is a difference between the object model graphic and the text (MgRfpConfigDocument vs. MgRasterConfigDocument).  I personally favour the second for its readability.

Jason