[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RFC 14- CartographicStylizationEngine (maybe this time I'll get it right)

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Sun Feb 4 22:11:01 EST 2007

Guys,

Here is the definition of our existing SymbolLibrary:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <xs:element name="SymbolLibrary" type="SymbolLibraryType"/>
   <xs:complexType name="SymbolLibraryType">
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>
       <xs:element name="Symbol" type="SymbolType" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
   <xs:complexType name="SymbolType">
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string"/>
       <xs:element name="Resource" type="xs:string"/>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>

In looking at this I have two reservations. First is the naming which is
not great for re-purposing it (but I can live with it if everyone else
can). Second we might need to add I type element or attribute to
SymbolType to indicate if the binary data is a DWF, Image, or some other
type of future thing.

Bob