[mapguide-internals] changing mapguide's image type

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Tue Feb 6 14:37:00 EST 2007

Hi Walt,

Yes. I agree.  Using a lossy image format for tiles could introduce a
number of undesirable effects.  For tiles of vector-only data, I suspect
JPG will introduce a speckling effect against the hard boudaries of the
various features.

For raster based hybrid tiles, ie. Raster imagery with some overlaid
vector data, a JPG may be appropriate.  The base raster image could
provide enough consistency to reduce edge effects.