[mapguide-internals] Drupal vs Trac

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 12 12:25:14 EST 2007

Robert Bray wrote:
> Anyone have any thoughts as to what content should go into the Trac Wiki
> vs Drupal? I currently have the Bug Submission guidelines on the Trac
> Wiki and we have been moving RFCs there. However all of this could be
> Drupal content, which might make it all a bit more integrated into the
> main site, common search functions, etc.
>
> Another consideration is that under Drupal the content can be localized,
> not sure this is true under Trac. I don't see us localizing RFCs, but
> the bug submission guidelines probably should be.

Bob,

Roughly speaking, I'd suggest that materials you want to be user oriented
(including developers who build on top of mapguide of course) should be
on the Drupal site, and that materials that are oriented towards those
developing mapguide itself be in Trac.

Would this breakdown make sense?

Note, instructions on how to build mapguide would be in drupal since this is
mostly oriented to folks wanting to use mapguide.

Best regards,