[mapguide-internals] RFC 14(CartographicStylizationEngine)comments

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Feb 15 12:21:12 EST 2007

Most of this discussion is a bit beyond me, but are you proposing not to
allow users to specify symbol size in the layer definitions?  And/or not
to allow them to specify symbol size in screen units?

It's important to me to be able to specify everything in both screen and
ground units, including some of the properties that can only be
specified in one or the other. (there was an enhancement request around
this in the old system)

From: Traian Stanev
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] RFC
14(CartographicStylizationEngine)comments

We decided to remove use of "px" to specify unit. So now everything in
the symbol uses the same units. If nothing else is specified, those
units will be treated as millimeters.