[mapguide-internals] tile edge effects using gdal provider in tiled mode

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 20 11:22:57 EST 2007

Paul Spencer wrote:
> I've got a client using the GDAL provider to render an ECW file.  He's
> set up the map/viewer to use tiles rather than straight map draws and he
> is getting some edge effects (white lines in this case) in his tiles.
> I've attached a small screengrab of part of the problem.
>
> Any ideas?  Could this be a problem with the provider or is it more
> likely a problem elsewhere?  Note that the edge effects do not appear on
> every tile, nor on every edge of every tile, so perhaps it is a rounding
> issue in tile generation somewhere?  Or in the provider?

Paul,

I suspect this is a big in the GDAL provider.  I would appreciate it if you
could file a bug in the FDO trac against the GDAL provider:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/

Login with your OSGeo userid (ie. mapguide svn userid).

I'll make an attempt to reproduce the problem at the fdo level.  If that proves
difficult I may need to work with you to isolate the problem.

Best regards,