[mapguide-internals] RE: [mapguide-users] Problem with OS Geo FDOProviderfor Raster.

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Feb 22 12:15:00 EST 2007

Frank wrote:

> However, I'm not completely certain that this will scale
> to datasources with 50000 individual files.

So, you're thinking of referencing an external FDO vector feature and
doing an envelope-intersects type operation?

> More generally I would like to see MapGuide and FDO consider
> participating in the OSGeo Project Sponsorship program:

I like this idea a lot in concept, but in practice it would be a lot
harder for me to do this than it would to generate a PO for a given
statement of work from a consultant.  Like a lot of open source stuff,
it's a non-traditional system, and takes quite a bit of work to
explain/justify to traditional purchasing departments.