[mapguide-internals] RE: [mapguide-users] Problem with OS Geo FDOProviderfor Raster.

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Thu Feb 22 14:23:10 EST 2007

Yes good idea. If anything we should be cross posting to fdo-internals.

It would be good to know definitively where the XML Config file approach
breaks down. We have hacked up the ATIL based Raster Provider to store
extent information in the XML docs and that works quite well with test
data sets of 16,000 images. The fact that the server caches the config
docs helps quite a bit. We also believe we can bring down the parse time
even more.

That said I am a big fan of the file-based vector tile index approach.

Bob