[mapguide-internals] Updates

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Thu Jan 25 12:03:18 EST 2007

Regarding ECW and MrSID support: Frank is trying to create plugins for both
to make available on the GDAL web site.  Many MGOS users are clamoring for
support for these formats in 1.1.0 since they were using them in 1.0.2 with
the Autodesk raster provider.  It sounds like he has not had success getting
ECW to work with MapGuide as of yet.   It also sounds like there are some
general GDAL FDO issues and the version that shipped with 1.1.0 was
apparently an older version that did not include some fixes that had been
made.  Also, users are generally having a hard time with the new provider
since a layer defined from a GDAL data connection does not properly reflect
the image extents, but it is visible in a map if the bounding box falls
within the maps extents.

Andy