[mapguide-internals] Introducing Fusion ...

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 24 16:32:19 EDT 2007

Sorry, original message got rejected on this list ...

From: Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca>
Date: July 24, 2007 12:56:30 PM EDT (CA)
To: MapGuide Users Mail List <mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org>,
MapGuide Internals Mail List <mapguide-internals at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Introducing Fusion ...

Hello MapGuide Open Source users and developers,

I am very happy to announce that DM Solutions Group will be contributing
our "Fusion" technology to the MapGuide Open Source project.  "Fusion"
is the project name for a Software Developers Kit that provides tools
and templates to speed development of web mapping applications.

Having worked with MapGuide Open Source since its first release, we saw
an opportunity to better meet our clients application needs by creating
a new toolkit based on our experience with MapServer - and we made quite
a few improvements on the way!

We have put together a 'Frequently Asked Questions' document about
"Fusion", which I have attached to this email.

You can see a demonstration of "Fusion" in action at:

http://demo01.dmsolutions.ca/mapguide/fusion/demo/

The goal is to provide full integration of "Fusion" into the MapGuide
Open Source project in time for the 1.3 release (tentatively by the end
of September). The "Fusion" name may also be changed as part of this
process.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will be preparing an RFC for discussion
of how to effectively integrate this technology into MapGuide Open
Source and to seek the approval of the MapGuide Open Source project
steering committee to go ahead with the integration.

Cheers

Paul