[mapguide-internals] MapGuide -MgServerDescribeSchema::DescribeSchema

Ronnie Louie ronnie.louie at autodesk.com
Fri Jun 15 13:07:13 EDT 2007

Hi Haris,

I took a look at this today, and at first glance it does look rather
cumbersome to get the original schema, remove the class, add to a
temporary schema, serialize, remove from temporary schema, add back to
original schema.

It seems the reason behind this is that a class can have only one parent
object (schema) at a time.  Because the class is moved to a temporary
schema for serialization, it must be removed from the original parent
schema before it can be added to the temporary one.  Same goes for when
it is returned back to the original.

I will see if there is a better way to do this, such that the original
schema does not need to be modified.  I will let you know my findings.

Ronnie