[mapguide-internals] Raster Layer Default Extents

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Mar 5 13:58:20 EST 2007

FrankW wrote:

> In this case I was using the "no xml config" option.  That is,
> just giving a DefaultRasterFileLocation property value when
connecting.
> So there shouldn't be any alternative configuration xml.

Understood.

I think that for layer previews, Studio builds a temporary map in the
session repository.  Perhaps Studio is hardcoded to look to the XML
config file rather than the extents call when setting the map extents
for raster geometries?

I think that Fiddler (a WinINET-based HTTP sniffer) confirms your
observation that the extents call is being made...  Unfortunately, I
can't do much testing because having Fiddler open when trying to do a
layer preview causes all kinds of errors in Studio; even a crash.