[mapguide-internals] CIA Bot

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 16 23:18:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Anyone on the IRC channels might notice that there's a CIA-10 bot listening.  I've subscribed to the service at:

http://cia.navi.cx <http://cia.navi.cx>

This service watches our SVN repositories and reports changes to the #MapGuide and #FDO IRC channels immediately (I had to subscribe a special "ping" address to the -commits lists).  Example:

CIA-10 <irc://irc.freenode.net/CIA-10,isnick> >MapGuide: waltweltonlair * r1268 /trunk/MgDev/UnitTest/Common/FoundationTest/ (2 files in 2 dirs): Update more source code copyright notices to use 2007

It also keeps stats on MapGuide and FDO activity (nothing in FDO as of this report because it took me a while to figure out how to get the bot subscribed to the mailing list):

http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/MapGuide <http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/MapGuide>

http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/FDO <http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/FDO>

This complements the service provided at Ohloh:

http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4656 <http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4656>

http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4662

I've also submitted our repositories to Google Code Search and Krugle.

I'm sure there's other geeky things I could do if I looked hard enough... hmm... maybe I'll add the Ohloh "tag" to the MapGuide web site... :)