[mapguide-internals] Re: PROJ version 4.5.0

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 19 12:59:02 EDT 2007

Steve, Walt,

Please submit desired changes through the PROJ and GDAL Bugzillas.
I should be able to get the GDAL changes into GDAL 1.4.1, and can
issue a PROJ 4.5.1 with the PROJ changes if desired.

I really think stringent rules should be put in place before
making changes to your local copies of GDAL, PROJ or other
actively maintained third party projects such that the changes
will be sent upstream and their status tracked. Otherwise each
merge is a nightmare.

I also think it is weird that FDO and MapGuide have distinct
copies of GDAL.

Best regards,