[mapguide-internals] GeoRSS in Google Maps

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 23 16:25:32 EDT 2007

Well...  now that Google Maps can do this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=http://earth.nanaimo.ca/files/te
st.xml&layer=&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=49.212572,-124.016075&spn=0.005207,0.
009978&t=k

I'd really like to be able to support GeoRSS directly from MapGuide.

If we don't get a student to work on it, I'll see if I can find some
time to play around.  Should be really simple in PHP, based on Bob's
original scripts.  We have the luxury of picking one feed type (Atom)
and one or possibly two output formats (W3C, GML).

I'd also like to see GeoRSS and KML consumption, but that's a much
tougher nut.