[mapguide-internals] Please test MGOS 1.2.0 Beta 2

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue May 1 22:46:16 EDT 2007

And, since Frank continues to maintain this out of the kindness of his
heart, I would like to offer something in exchange for seeing continued GDAL
FDO improvements.  Often, raster support is one of the most important
aspects of any of my clients MapGuide sites.  And, good performance for a
wide variety of formats, especially wavelet compressed formats is
particularly important.   The need for tile spatial indexing (raster
catalogs) is also very important as many people maintain their imagery cut
up into these tiles and the current read mechanisms are too inefficient for
images maintained this way.

I know it's not much, but I am willing to contribute $1000 to Frank
specifically for GDAL FDO maintenance and improvements.  Perhaps this will
also spur others who need fast and stable raster support to also contribute
to this fund.

Sincerely,

Andy Morsell, P.E.
President