[mapguide-internals] fdogdal, ECW, etc

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 10 19:13:15 EDT 2007

Bruce Dechant wrote:
> Jason/Frank - If you are still using the GDAL provider that has not had
> the reference count issue fixed then this might be why you are seeing
> this as I had no trouble creating a GDAL feature source/layer/map with
> the updated GDAL provider (Reference count issue fixed).

Bruce,

I was using mapguide 1.2.0 beta2, and I built the fdogdal provider from
source from the 3.2.x branch.  The source was pulled from 3.2.x in the
last 48 hours, and seemed to include patches for reference counting stuff
as I read the logs.

I'd note I was able to use an existing jpeg based raster layer in web
studio when I used the version of the fdogdal provider distribute with
mapguide 1.2.0 beta2; however, I was never able to get even this far
with the fdogdal I built myself from the 3.2.x branch.

Perhaps this will give a hint what is going wrong for me?

Best regards,