Beta mapguide packages for Mandriva (was Re: [mapguide-internals]Patch: Remove usage of DbXml private header )

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Mon May 28 12:41:38 EDT 2007

Hi Helio,

Thanks!

I have added a link to our downloads page at: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html#otherbinaries-1.2.x.

Also, I think it would be good to add a README at the http://www.geolinux.com.br/packages/geolinux/Mandriva link.  What you have detailed below is probably good content for the README.

Thanks
Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Helio Chissini de Castro
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 12:54 PM
To: MapGuide Internals Mail List
Cc: Dr. Daniel Dupré
Subject: Beta mapguide packages for Mandriva (was Re: [mapguide-internals]Patch: Remove usage of DbXml private header )

Hi Tom and all

I'm uploading right now and made available online my latest packages with
1.2.0 beta2 code. Dr. Daniel Dupré also stimulated me to do in this weekend (
he is one of the heads behind whole Geolinux project )

They are made for Mandriva 2007.1 Spring and you can see at:
http://www.geolinux.com.br/packages/geolinux/Mandriva
SRPMS included too. Considering base 2007.1 in Mandriva, i created this extra
packages:
- fdo ( with some providers )
- dwftoolkit
- dbxml22
- xalan-c ( backport from cooker )
- mapguide
The only mapguide oem included sources was gd and SWIG.

x86_64 was not compiled due a new problem ( not segfaults in font cache
anymore ) but fdo initialization is leaking a lot until kernel kill the
process for abuse is memory. It's a pitty that i hadn't time to check this
yet.

* For Mandriva 2007.1 installs there's a repository:
urpmi.addmedia mapguide
http://www.geolinux.com.br/packages/geolinux/Mandriva/2007.1/i586

* Added in this build:

- mapguideipc dir is under mapguideopensource tree now
- Using gd modified by autodesk as reported by Traian Stanev

* Known issues:

- initscript not ready. For start is necessary go
to /opt/mapguideopensource/server/bin/ and execute mgserver.sh script ( as
usual in mapguide installs )
- mgserver /daemon not working for some reason not discovered yet
- mapguideipc directory have chmod 777, and don't know exactly if this is
proper way to handle it
- UnitTest directory is not included in my CMake based source ( intentional
due size )

I would be glad in help if someone want try install this packages and more
happy if people can point problems to help me improve and fix all issues.

Thanks in advance

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Project South America Primary Contact