[mapguide-internals] .NET: Server-side selecting a feature using MgRenderingService

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Mon Nov 5 03:34:31 EST 2007

Is there any .NET example on rendering a selection using MgRenderingService,
other than ...\www\mapviewernet\setselection.aspx one? I'm trying to render
a selection and return XML result to a map frame using my custom .aspx
utilizing web services exposed by my application.

This is a part where my code fails:

MgFeatureInformation featInfo = renderingSrvc.QueryFeatures(map, layerNames,
null, MgFeatureSpatialOperations.Intersects, selText, 1, 2);
Response.Write(featInfo.ToXml().ToString());

selText contains MgSelection.ToXml string based on some query.
Alas, featInfo.ToXml returns empty string. What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic