[mapguide-internals] RFC 38 - GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAY EnhancementsforSelection

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Wed Oct 10 12:20:36 EDT 2007

Hi Haris,

Yes.  RenderSelection will return the selection only.  I did a quick
check on KeepSelection.  Setting this true will render the selection
even if the layer containing the selected feature is outside of its
scale range.  In other words, a selected parcel will still be visible
even if the Parcels layer is invisible.

RenderSelection = returns the selection image if the object is visible
RenderSelection||KeepSelection = returns selection image even if object
is invisible
RenderSelection||RenderLayers = returns both the selection and the
overlay layers as a single image

I will update the RFC to clarify this.