[mapguide-internals] MGOS 2.0 beta

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Thu Oct 18 16:26:33 EDT 2007

Hi Traian,

Yes it should be included as another FORMAT option.  It will be up to
the client to decide what format it wants back.  In my testing with the
Sheboygan (sparsely colored) map, PNG8 is 2-3 times smaller than a
PNG32.  In fact, the PNG8 images were significantly smaller than any of
the other image types we support (GIF, PNG32, JPG).

(And yes... I was really curious and just had to mock it up...)