[mapguide-internals] RFC 40 - Support for using the AGG renderer

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 19 17:50:11 EDT 2007

On 19-Oct-07, at 5:17 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Paul Spencer wrote:
>> I am concerned about maintaining a fork independently of MapServer
>> and other OSGeo projects that might use AGG.  I propose that the
>> fork be maintained in a separate repository on OSGeo
>> infrastructure with the intention of involving at least the
>> MapServer folks, and possibly others that care since they have the
>> same license issues.  Initially, commit access can be limited to
>> Traian ;)
>
> Paul,
>
> I'm not sure that it is important to keep the AGG fork in a distinct
> respository, but I would certainly like this looked at as a distinct
> component that could be shared between projects.

Probably the best thing to do is just make sure that the MapServer
folks are aware that this is happening in MapGuide so that they(we)
can take advantage of some of Traian's fixes (such as rendering on a
transparent thing which I believe is still an issue in MapServer) and
potentially using Traian's PNG output stuff to avoid the GD alpha
blending problems.

Cheers

Paul