[mapguide-internals] SelectFeatures with OGRProvider gives infinite loop

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Oct 23 05:34:00 EDT 2007

I have been tracking a very annoying bug.

When issuing a "SELECTFEATURES" command on an SDF featuresource, I can
trace the code, and it performs the expected "SelectFeatures" operation,
then returns with the result.
If I issue the exact same query on the OGR provider, it never returns. I
can see that it performs the same "SelectFeatures" operation, but then
it recieves an inifinite amount of "GetFeatures" requests.

The package based structure of the server makes it very difficult to
track down the source of the problem.

I would appreciate ANY guess as to why this could happen. Perhaps the
OGR provider has to support a specific feature?

The query I run is a simple "GEOMETRY Intersects
GEOMFROMTEXT('POINT(711852 6203937)')".
The loop only happens when the query actually returns an object, and
only when the query is spatial.

--
Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S