[mapguide-internals] RFC 40 - Support for using the AGG renderer

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Oct 24 15:47:44 EDT 2007

Is that a call for a vote?  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tom
Fukushima
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:42
To: mapguide-internals at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-internals] RFC 40 - Support for using the AGG
renderer

(My email client is not working so that's why this isn't attached to the
original thread.)

Good news... I'm not sure whether you caught this from Thomas Bonfort's
email, but after Traian discussed some things about AGG with Thomas,
they figured out that no changes are required to AGG. (Thanks Thomas.)
This means that we do not need to create a fork that we maintain.
Instead, what we will be doing is using AGG 2.4 as is and putting a copy
of it into our OEM tree (as we are currently doing with our other
third-party libraries).

I have updated RFC 40
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc40) with the changes.

Tom