[mapguide-internals] MapGuide RESTful Web Service

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Sep 5 07:33:12 EDT 2007

So, if I request a layerdefinition, I get the xml from the
layerdefinition in the repository?

Does that mean the following two will return the same xml file:
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=GETRESOURCECONTENT&RESOURCEID=Library://test.LayerDefinition&SESSION=123
http://localhost/mapguide/REST/123/test.LayerDefinition

Is that correctly understood?

So the work you are doing, is exposing functionality from the current
API as function URLs, without defining the actual objects.
Well, that might prove to be a whole lot faster to implement, since you
move the workload from implementation to documentation.

Still, a nice leap forward from the current state of using the version
specific dll's.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S