[mapguide-internals] RE: Motion: RFC 30 - FDO Configuration

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Sep 6 00:15:16 EDT 2007

Hmm.  Now I'm feeling a bit stupid; as long as the <Bounds> element shows up in the config file, it's all good.

Oh wait.  I don't think that I can reverse-engineer insertionpoint / resolution / rotation from an image's SpatialContext.  Right now, what I'm doing is creating a temporary connection to each image in a directory, running a GetExtent against its SpatialContext, and grabbing the ll/ur coordinates from the extent's Envelope.

I think I'd be stuck either with template-based config file generation, or with using an external utility like gdalinfo.  I'd prefer the former I think; I've tried to avoid dependencies.

If I'm not wrong about the lack of APIs for extracting a single image's insertion/rotation/resolution (maybe I should just say worldfile), is there any chance of adding a way of specifying the Bounds and not populating the insertion/resolution/rotation values?

Or does what you're saying about the lack of a physical mapping for Bounds preclude this entirely?

Jason