[mapguide-internals] MapStudio OS

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Sep 17 11:54:21 EDT 2007

Interesting stuff, Kenneth.  Good job.

Seems to work fairly well so far.  A couple issues:

- I have what is likely an older feature source definition that includes
the FDO version number in the string.  When clicking on this feature
source I get an exception.  It works fine in Autodesk MapGuide Studio

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
  <Provider>OSGeo.SDF.3.1</Provider>
  <Parameter>
    <Name>File</Name>
    <Value>%MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%City_Boundary.sdf</Value>
  </Parameter>
  <Parameter>
    <Name>ReadOnly</Name>
    <Value>TRUE</Value>
  </Parameter>
</FeatureSource>

- It seems that after closing a window with the big red X, I can't open
that resource again.

And suggestions:

- It would be nice if the tree menu was right-click enabled for
cut/copy/paste.

(ok, there's more, but it's a new app)

As far as the project goes, I personally would like to see this in the
MapGuide SVN/Trac area... We should probably talk about this at the f2f
next week, but FDO has created a folder for Tools
<http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Tools> and I think it would be
reasonable to have something like that under MapGuide as well, maybe
directly under trunk.