[mapguide-internals] Discuss: RFC 48 - MapStudio Open Source

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Apr 24 12:46:59 EDT 2008

Kenneth, I think it might not be a bad idea to look at alternate naming
for MapStudio if you're interested.  Right now it's going to cause
confusion with the Autodesk product.  How about "MapGuide Composer"? :)
This also gets rid of the "Open Source" badge, which I personally don't
think should be necessary and makes the branding cumbersome.

I see that there is some interest/utility in the enhanced .Net API
outside of MapStudio, otherwise I would have suggested that they share
branding.  If we can find a reasonable name for this, then we could
alter the structure so that they're both directly under Tools.  Anyone
Have ideas?  I don't really understand the library enough to suggest a
good name.  Lots of crappy names like MapGuideDotNetEnhancedAPI come to
mind.

From: Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S
Subject: Re: [mapguide-internals] Discuss: RFC 48 - MapStudio Open
Source

I'm open for naming suggestions.
If someone has a better name for the API or MapStudio, please bring it
up.