[mapguide-internals] Discuss: RFC 48 - MapStudio Open Source

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Apr 30 03:40:03 EDT 2008

After a lot of consideration, I have decided that renaming MapStudio OS
is a good thing.
The main goal will be to avoid confusion between MapStudio, MapGuide
Studio and WebStudio.
In this light, I find "MapGuide Maestro" to be the best suggestion.
It does not entirely suggest what it does, but there is a very clear
indication that this is unrelated to the other tools.
With time, the name will hopefully bring the right associations from users.

I will perform the rename and re-branding before an import, so the
MapGuide tree does not have references to MapStudio.
The MapGuideAPI will be renamed MaestroAPI  (also before import).
Should it be "OSGeo.MaestroAPI", or is it better to leave "OSGeo" out?

I have updated the RFC to reflect these changes:
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc48

--
Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S